Scarlet Fever

A teenage girl's perspective on the Red Sox and everything else.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Awesomeness

Last night's game was amazing. After Pena's walkoff I was in shock. Absolute shock. It was probably the single best baseball moment I've ever been present for. His first major league home run, and it comes as a walkoff in the bottom of the 10th. I was the happiest person alive. Okay, maybe Pena was the first happiest, but I was a close second. That euphoria, that eruption in the stands, that dogpile at home plate, it was all amazing. I can't even believe I was actually there.
And Tavarez pitched way better than anyone would have predicted. Six scoreless innings and one run in a third of the 7th. I was there for his last start, too, and I was expecting another 3-inning, 3-run job. Schilling couldn't have done better; it seems everybody forgot who had to miss a start for Tavarez because he was absolutely fantastic.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I got to spend the day with my boy! I'm not going to talk about him here because it's really not the place, but he was really lucky and he got a ticket to the game with me and we found some seats together. He's a Sox fan, but not a Soxaholic like me, and the only time I shut up the entire game he asked me where my commentary was. I guess I talk a lot :)

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home