Scarlet Fever

A teenage girl's perspective on the Red Sox and everything else.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

Well, I had a great title and opening sentence for this post when I went to bed at 11 last night. Finally a win, I was thinking. But then I woke up on my birthday to see that the unstoppable gave up 2 runs, causing his tiny ERA to swell to almost 1. I don't even know what to say. We're falling apart. It could be the absence of Tek, or Nixon, or anything else right now, but we're feeling it to the extreme, especially our pitchers. It's good to see Dave Wallace back to his duties, but let's hope he finds the missing link, fast.
So far my birthday kind of sucks. The gifts I got were good and everything. My parents let me redo my room and get a cell phone, my sister gave me a Coach wristlet and a lip gloss, and my grandparents gave me some cute clothes from Abercrombie and Hollister. But someone really special was supposed to drive down from Connecticut and be with me for my birthday and now he can't because something happened between him and his parents. I think we can all guess what kind of person it is. So excuse my pessimism but I'm really disappointed right now. Anyways, this isn't really the place to be talking about that stuff.

So please, guys. Stop the bleeding for me. Give me a win on my birthday.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home