Scarlet Fever

A teenage girl's perspective on the Red Sox and everything else.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Truck Day!

It seems almost too early for truck day. The winter was so late in coming that a sign of spring seems like cheating. Yet, I am most certainly not complaining! When the season ends I brace myself for the longest, most painful wait imaginable. Now that the wait is almost over, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Football helped. School. I've been so busy that I doubt I would have been able to watch much baseball if it had been going on. That's the good thing about baseball in the summer. So much more time.
Anyways, Truck Day! I've been devouring all the information I can get from The Boston Globe's Extra Bases site, which has Spring Training updates. Many of the young players are already there, working their butts off. I was especially thrilled that Jon Lester is there, apparently in perfect health and only three pounds shy of his target weight. I have so much respect for him. He is truly an incredible young man. He refuses to be treated differently from any of the other pitchers.
Well, with Spring Training my posts will likely become less sporatic. I can't wait until the preseason games begin!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home