Scarlet Fever

A teenage girl's perspective on the Red Sox and everything else.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Jon and JD

Here on a Tuesday night when I should be in bed. Here I am. Reading up on baseball.
The Sox signed JD Drew. What a surprise. Honestly, I can see both sides of the argument over Drew. On the one hand, he's a productive #5 batter with good speed, defense, power, protection for Ortiz and maybe Manny, etc. But on the other hand, he seems to have no passion for the game, and in passion-soaked city like Boston, that's not gonna fly. The choice is performance or passion. Personally, I want to win another championship. So I'm gonna err on the side of being happy we signed him. But at the same time, I hate the fact that he doesn't seem to care at all, while I spend hours and hours of my life learning every detail possible about the Red Sox. This fan base won't tolerate Drew's attitude very long.
In other news, JON LESTER IS CANCER FREE! I prayed for him every night, and now my prayers have been answered. He plans to report to Spring Training on Feb. 16! He'd better recieve the loudest standing ovation baseball has ever seen. My reaction to the amazing news was total euphoria. I'm so happy.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home