Scarlet Fever

A teenage girl's perspective on the Red Sox and everything else.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I Miss Baseball

It's only been six weeks since the Red Sox' season was over. Only two weeks since baseball ended. Yet I'm baseball starved. I need Spring Training. The offseason feels like it should be over. I love football nearly as much as I do baseball, and of course I don't want the football season to be over, but football's only once a week. It's not the same.
So Foulke decided not to sign with us again. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Half the season he was on the DL, and the other half he sucked. The last few weeks he picked it up a little but by then it was too late anyways.
This morning in the Globe there was an article on Daisuke Matsuzaka, saying that the Red Sox may have been the top bidder. I want to get him soooo badly. Imagine a starting rotation of three 26-year old phenomena and two forty-year-old veterans! Schilling, Papelbon, Matsuzaka, Beckett, Wake. In any order. That's one scary rotation. If the Yanks take this one away from us and make a huge bid, I'll be so mad. It's not fair. They have so many expensive guys already, and we have... Manny. I think there should be a payroll cap in baseball like there is in football.
We have a lot of moves to make, but I would say this one is the most important. We need to make it, and I think we should make a high bid, because we have so many good deals on our team already--Ortiz, Papelbon, Lowell--that we can afford a splurge.

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home