Scarlet Fever

A teenage girl's perspective on the Red Sox and everything else.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

I'm Still Alive

I know, you probably all assumed that I'd abandoned my blog, and it's somewhat true that I did, but I had no intention of never writing again. Summer was impossibly busy and school is busier, and the only free time I have goes to watching games, with none left over to write about them. However, I figured that this tough first post after such a long hiatus should finally be tackled today, the day after we clinched the AL East in an absolutely thrilling fashion. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise that I'm grounded this weekend, because last night I stayed up to watch the game in its entirety, followed by the postgame coverage with Yankees updates, and finally the celebration after the Orioles' amazing comeback. Never have the O's had so many fans before! The pure exhilaration when Melvin Mora bunted home the winning run was unequivocal. I think I smiled for the next hour straight as Jonathan Papebon stole the show, running around in his tighty-whities with a Bud Light box on his head, eye holes poked out. As other players were interviewed by Tina Cervasio, Pap was always in the background doing an irish jig or dousing teammates in champagne. He was absolutely hilarious and the entire celebration was pure ecstacy.
Sorry to cut this post short, but I have to go out to dinner.
Let's win these last two and get home field advantage!
And one more thing: Pedroia the Destroyah for ROY!!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home