Scarlet Fever

A teenage girl's perspective on the Red Sox and everything else.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Red Sox Nation Breathes a Collective Sigh of Relief

So nothing IS wrong with our team after all. Funny how a win will change your feelings for a team so quickly. Yesterday we were ready to give up our RSN memberships and we thought the Sox had no chance at all at making the postseason. One win later, this is the best team in baseball again.
Mike Lowell was by far the star of the game. He was beaned with a laser in the first inning -- in the head, no less -- yet he stayed in the game, only to prove to us multiple times that he was just fine. He hit a teriffic RBI single, stole third base (THIRD base! Do you even realize how much harder that is then second?), and made what I consider his most fantastic catch of the season. And there's a lot of competition for his best catch. Just a side note: um, why was there a Yankee fan and a Mets fan in the front row of a Red Sox-Orioles game? Seriously. Those were nice seats. Save them for someone whose team is actually playing.
Mark Loretta had a great game as well, going 3 for 4 with some solid defense. Our entire lineup had at least one hit apiece. And David Wells was terrific. He pitched seven solid innings giving up only a lone earned run.
We put it all together yesterday: solid offense, solid defense and solid pitching. That 7-run third could very well be the spark that set us on fire again. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could go on another double-digits winning tear again?
All is right in the world. The Red Sox won, the Yankees lost. And just for good measure, Cleveland won too, with Grady knocking in 3 of the 4 runs they got.
In a few minutes I'm leaving to spend the weekend at my lake house. It's just my brother and I this time, and for only one night, but I'm sure it will be amazing. Plus, I will only miss one game (unless Sunday's is a day game. I don't really feel like checking).
And finally, I have some great news. For me anyways. My dad might be able to get tickets from work to Friday's Red Sox-Yankees game! That would be unbelievable. I'm really psyched.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home